Bratton Castle Hillfort, Wiltshire
Bi-vallate hillfort of 23 acres. Entrance on S side. Quernstones and large pebbles found c.1812. Jeffrey Whittaker excavated in the interior in the 18th century.
A watching brief on a series of gateposts holes revealed the base of the rampart to the north side of the hillfort near the boundary with the chalk and clay substrata, containing a single fragment of a cattle tooth.
OS map reference: ST 90116 51638. Nearest town/village: Bratton.
Information © Wiltshire County Council.