Sidbury Camp, Wiltshire
A bivallate hillfort of 17 acres. C)Iron Age A/B sherds were found during excavation of a section of the innermost bank.
Owen Meyrick found Iron Age ‘A’ sherds in 1948.
A sub-triangular bivallate hillfort constructed on the site of a Neolithic settlement (See SU25SW101). Both were partially excavated in the 19th century and the 1950’s. A straight, well defined ditch extends from the main entrance, which is on the north-west side.
A landscape appraisal in 2002 recommended the removal of 1960s coniferous tree planting.
OS map reference: SU 216 505. Nearest town/village: Tidworth.
Information © Wiltshire County Council.